We are thrilled to have our 2nd annual Youth Contest quickly approaching. This contest is completely free and is one amazing opportunity for ay young photographer! The contest runs for 6 weeks from March 4, 2019 to April 12, 2019. Every contestant is required to submit 5 images with any theme. From here the top images are exhibited at our Open House in Toronto on May 4, 2019. We will announce our grand prize winner as well as honourable mentions. With many great prizes, make sure you don’t miss the deadline as you also have the chance to have your work displayed at the SCOTIABANK’S CONTACT PHOTOGRAPHY FESTIVAL!
Enter For A Chance To Get Your Work Exhibited At Scotiabank’s Contact Photography Festival!
CONTEST RULES & GUIDELINES:
- Contest is open from March 4, 2019 to April 12, 2019. All entries must be submitted by 12pm EST on April 12, 2019 in order to be considered.
- The contest is free to enter
- Entries will be judged between April 12, 2019 and April 26, 2019.
A shortlist of up to twenty photographers will be selected and announced prior to the CONTACT Exhibit/Open House and the overall winner(s) will be announced during the CONTACT Exhibit on May 4, 2019.
We will announce the finalists on our blog and facebook page
- All students and parents / legal guardians of students submitting photo entries, grant permission to GTA Photography Classes, to use the pictures in a non-commercial manner for our web pages, presentations, and other promotional/media outlets to promote our contest and our school.
- All entrants must submit a signed release from a parent or guardian.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
- The contest is open to both to the general public & past students in the GTA area only.
- Participants must be between the ages of 8 and 17.
- Each participant can submit a maximum of 5 images. Only the first 5 entered will be considered.
- All students must submit their work online via this Google doc – *NOW CLOSED*
- Hi-Res digital files are required. Images should be no smaller than 1MB and no larger than 5MB. Images should be JPEG files. All entrants must be able to supply a high resolution image suitable for printing in exhibitions should the image be required.
- Please clearly label your images with the following file name format:
“First Name Last Name_Image Title”
By participating in this contest, you have agreed to the terms and conditions as outlined in the link: Youth Contest Terms & Conditions
We will be picking a Grand Prize winners along with some honourable mentions at the exhibit on May 4, 2019
If you have any questions regarding submissions or the competition, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org