Sending your teen to camp in the city is a great way for them to get out and about this summer! They’ll see lot’s of new things, learn some life long skills and gain new friends. With any camp experience, it’s good to know some helpful safety tips to make sure your kids not only have a fun time, but a safe one as well.
– Traveling to Toronto: If your child is traveling to camp on their own make sure they are familiar with transit routes, train schedules and any delays or changes to services. Give them a back up route in case buses get canceled or the subway has closures.
– Cell phones: If your teen has a cell phone, get them to save all important phone numbers- the number to the camp in case they get lost and a number to any other additional emergency contact in case they can’t get a hold of you.
– Dressing for the weather: Walking around downtown when it’s hot can be exhausting. Campers should wear sunscreen and comfortable shoes for all the time they will spend outdoors. Bringing a re-usable water bottle is also a great idea to stay hydrated in the heat.
– As a parent: make sure all of your child’s medical forms are completed with vital information such as dietary restrictions, allergies or any other important health information about your child.
– For our camps specifically, teens will be walking around with expensive cameras. Make sure they have a good, protective bag to ensure the safety of their equipment and to eliminate theft or them leaving it behind somewhere.
Safety is just as important to us as having fun. To learn more about our Summer Camp Sessions or to register today click the button below!
NEW IN 2014: