So you mastered exposure in PHOTO 101, now what??!!
Expose your talent!
Presents: The 2nd Semi-Annual
PHOTO 101 Grads: Photography Contest & Exhibit
Over the past couple of years, we have seen some amazing talent come through the doors here at GTA Photography Classes. Last year in November we had our first ever PHOTO 101 Grads Exhibit. It was a huge success and the talent was amazing! As a way to promote your hard work and keep you shooting throughout the year, we are holding our 2nd semi-annual Photography Contest & Exhibit. This is a chance for you (and for us) to really show off your work to your classmates, family and friends.
HOW IT WORKS:
Starting today, we will be accepting photo submissions to be exhibited at the GTA Photography Classes Studio throughout the CONTACT FESTIVAL in the month of May.
We will be having our Opening Exhibit on Thursday May 6, 2010 at 7pm.
EACH WEEK between now and the Exhibit, THREE (one per theme) photos will be selected from all eligible entries to qualify as finalists for the exhibit.
All finalists will be updated weekly on our blog and grand prize winners will be announced at the Exhibit in May.
- Each week leading up to the Exhibit, submissions will be due by Friday at NOON.
- We will announce any finalists by the following Monday.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
- Each participant must have taken part in PHOTO 101 or equivalent private lessons with GTA Photography Classes.
- Any year is eligible.
- As many of our students are off travelling at the moment, we will allow entries from anywhere in the world! (Yes! That includes Vancouver, Australia, Costa Rica, Pakistan and any other fancy places you guys are lucky enough to be!)
- All students must submit their work online via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Digital files are required and must be no longer than 1000 pixels on the longest side and saved as JPGs. Files cannot exceed 4 MB per file.
- Please clearly indicate which theme you are submitting which image to and label your images with their titles.
- The same students can enter in multiple weeks; however, each student can submit up to a maximum of 3 images in total per week.
We will be judging the images in the following 3 categories:
1. Creative (very open category, just your chance to get super creative!)
We will be picking a winner in each category along with some honorable mentions at the Exhibit.
Yes there will be prizes!! And we won’t disappoint!
Each finalist that gets exhibited at the final exhibit will receive an 8×12 print of their submission.
If you have any questions regarding submissions or the competition, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Finalists will be exhibited at the GTA Photography Classes Studio on
THURS MAY 6th, 2010 @ 7pm
(Winners will be announced at 8:30pm)
(All winners and honorable mentions will be announced at the exhibit as well as featured on our website: www.gtaphotographyclasses.com)
Please RSVP for your attendance at the Exhibit By April 15th, 2010