Created in 2007 as a public commerative space, Ireland Park memorializes the over 38,000 Irish immigrants who came to Toronto in 1847. The park has five brass statues as well as a limestone wall, engraved with names. Ireland Park is filled with Canadian and Irish history while also offering a great view of the CN Tower.
A Toronto based architect, Rowan Gillepsie, created the five sculptures in 2007 for Ireland park. Located between Bathurst and Queen’s Quay, the sculptures stand facing Lake Ontario which offers beautiful water front and skyline views.
Limestone Wall Installation
The Limestone Wall acts as an extension of the Waterfront Trail alongside the Canadian Malting grain silos as it stretches along the waterfront and serves as a memorial. The wall is even more of a marvel at night as it lights up to clearly show the engraved names of Irish immigrants.