Hands On Experience
Experience what it takes to become a camp counsellor! In this 2 week, immersive program, Counsellors in Training will be mentored by our CIT Lead, who will coach them through a variety of leadership exercises and placements. Ongoing assessments, feedback and peer evaluations will help to develop the essential skill set and confidence valued by all camp professionals! CITs will walk away having experienced a full mock interview, create and receive feedback on resumes and develop an online portfolio that will set them up for success!
“I really liked the balance of fun and learning”
– GTA Photography Camper 2017
CIT applicants are required to:
- Be between the ages of 16 and 18.
- Completed Teen Camp 1 or any 2 Teen Programs.
- Fill out an online application form* Spots are limited
Objectives of our CIT Program
Over the course of the 2-week program. CIT’s will have the opportunity to:
- Practice / enhance their leadership skills through organized activities
- Observe our camps in action
- Run their own activities / games
- Experience a full mock interview for becoming a counsellor
- Create & receive feedback on resumes
- Assist with camp duties to help run a successful camp experience for all (printing photos, organize equipment, support our Instructor’s & Staff)
- Actively participate in daily meetings
- Complete weekly evaluations with the CIT Lead.
CIT’s Role @ Camp
The CIT’s role at camp is to learn about the program, our goals and objectives, and how to effectively counsel children. CITs will on occasion participate in a similar capacity to a full staff member; however, they will have less responsibility supervising campers and more emphasis is placed on leadership training.
CITs will reach these objectives by the following means:
- Daily guidance from the CIT Lead
- Regularly scheduled weekly placements in a variety of areas at camp.
- Experiential learning by observing and assisting current staff
- Apply what they are learning in the areas of activity planning and delivery, implementation of behaviour management techniques and strategies to motivate campers.
- Participation in all camp activities, special events, field trips, and meetings.
- Daily check-ins with fellow CITs, mentors, and CIT Lead.
- Evaluation, feedback, and assessment from peers, supervisors, and self.
If you’re on mobile, press “book now” to view our schedule
* We have limited spots in our summer camps. Register Early to secure your desired session *
All potential CITs must FILL OUT OUR APPLICATION FORM. All applications will be reviewed by our instructors. Due to limited spots for this leadership program, only those selected will be able to participate in our CIT Leadership Camp.