Developing Leaders of Today & Tomorrow
Our Counsellor-in-Training program lasts for a total of 2 weeks. CIT’s will participate in camp activities and daily field trips, and ontop of that, they’ll be placed in leadership roles in various groups, lead their own programs/activities, and working with our Leadership Instructors to develop leadership skills through lessons, evaluations, peer assessments, and one-on-one guidance. Upon completion, our goal is to have a CIT finish the program having acquired all the required skills to become an exceptional leader and role model.
“I really liked the balance of fun and learning”
– GTA Photography Camper 2017
You May Have Seen Us On:
Proudly Accredited By:
CIT applicants are required to:
- Be between the ages of 15 and 18.
- Ideally have completed at least one week of our regular summer camp programming.
- Fill out an online application
Objectives of our CIT Program
Over the course of the 2-week program. CIT’s will have the opportunity to:
- Practice / enhance their leadership skills through organized activities
- Observe our camps in action
- Run their own activities / games
- Assist with camp duties to help run a successful camp experience for all (printing photos, organize equipment, support our Instructor’s & Staff)
- Actively participate in weekly meetings
- Complete weekly evaluations with the CIT Lead.
CIT’s Role @ Camp
The CIT’s role at camp is to learn about the program, our goals and objectives, and how to effectively counsel children. CITs will on occasion participate in a similar capacity to a full staff member; however, they will have less responsibility supervising campers and more emphasis is placed on leadership training.
CITs will reach these objectives by the following means:
- Daily guidance from the CIT Lead
- Regularly scheduled weekly placements in a variety of areas at camp.
- Experiential learning by observing and assisting current staff
- Apply what they are learning in the areas of activity planning and delivery, implementation of behaviour management techniques and strategies to motivate campers.
- Participation in all camp activities, special events, field trips, and meetings.
- Daily check-ins with fellow CITs, mentors, and CIT Lead.
- Evaluation, feedback, and assessment from peers, supervisors, and self.
If you’re on mobile, press “book now” to view our schedule
* We have limited spots in our summer camps. Register Early to secure your desired session *
All potential CITs must FILL OUT OUR APPLICATION FORM. All applications will be reviewed by our instructors. Due to limited spots for this leadership program, only those selected will be able to participate in our CIT Leadership Camp.