Learn how to become great leaders & exceptional counsellors.
Objectives of our CIT Program …
Over the course of the 2-week program. CIT’s will have the opportunity to:
- Practice / enhance their leadership skills through organized activities
- Observe our camps in action
- Run their own activities / games
- Assist with camp duties to help run a successful camp experience for all (printing photos, organize equipment, support our Instructor’s & Staff)
- Actively participate in weekly meetings
- Complete weekly evaluations with the CIT Lead.
CIT’s Role @ Camp
The CIT’s role at camp is to learn about the program, our goals and objectives, and how to effectively counsel children. CITs will on occasion participate in a similar capacity to a full staff member; however, they will have less responsibility supervising campers and more emphasis is placed on leadership training.
CITs will reach these objectives by the following means:
- Daily guidance from the CIT Lead
- Regularly scheduled weekly placements in a variety of areas at camp.
- Experiential learning by observing and assisting current staff
- Apply what they are learning in the areas of activity planning and delivery, implementation of behaviour management techniques and strategies to motivate campers.
- Participation in all camp activities, special events, field trips, and meetings.
- Daily check-ins with fellow CITs, mentors, and CIT Lead.
- Evaluation, feedback, and assessment from peers, supervisors, and self.
Our Counselor-in-Training program lasts for a total of 4 weeks. CIT’s can complete the CIT Program all in one summer or spread over two summers (if timing does not permit).
Upon completion of the 4 weeks, our goal is to have a CIT finish the program having acquired all the required skills to become an exceptional counsellor at GTA Photography Classes.
CIT applicants are required to:
- Be between the ages of 16 and 18.
- Ideally have completed at least one week of our regular summer camp programming.
- Fill out an online application
2017 CIT Program Schedule
* Our CIT Program is very limited and we only accept a handful of applicants. Register Early to ensure your participation *
If you’re on mobile, press “book now” to view our schedule
*No programs on holidays (Jun 30, 2017 (In lieu of July 1, 2017) & Aug 7, 2017).