Fine Art & Film
AGE: 13 – 17 Years Old
TIME: 9am – 3pm (Mon-Fri) *Before & After Care Available (8am-5:30pm)
PREREQUISITES: Teen Camp 1 or equivalent teen program. *Kids Camps do not qualify.
REQUIRED: $50 Materials Fee [Film Cameras, Film & Development Provided] + Any DSLR camera with manual mode (*rentals available)
LOCATION: 25 Toronto St. (Yonge & Adelaide)
PRICE: $549 + Additional Material Fees
Conceptual Photography & Film Photography
Create artistic images using digital and film cameras! In this program, students will discover photography as a tool for creative expression and visit contemporary art galleries for inspiration! Students will have the opportunity to experiment with 35 mm film cameras (provided) and be able to review their negatives as scans. At the end of the week, favourite shots will be printed for keepsake and exhibited in a gallery form at our exhibit!
“I’ve had so much fun at this camp and made so many friends! I really enjoyed the field trips and all the fun games we played. I would definitely recommend this to a friend and I will be back next summer.”
– Isabelle | GTA Photography Camper 2017
- You don’t have to be in a darkroom to discover shooting in film! Experience the process of shooting a roll of film on a traditional SLR camera and then get the negatives developed at a lab downtown.
- Experiment with alternative processes for both analogue and digital files.
- Explore what it means to create a body of work with fine art subjects like still life and black and white.
- Learn the history of photography through old cameras and archival prints.
- Walk away with a fine art print.
Curate a Group Exhibit
Collaborate with other artists in the group to put on a mini exhibit at the end of the week. Choose a show name and theme and produce prints for display. Learn how to write an artist statement to support your body of work.
Learn from the Masters
Explore both historical and contemporary artists through guest speakers, gallery visits and studio tours.
Compare Digital & Analogue
By using both digital and analogue cameras, compare both aesthetics and decide which one works for you.
Sample Day Agenda
Before care starts at 8:00am
|9:00 am||Welcome Icebreakers|
|9:15 am||Photography Lesson
Learn & Practice
|10:30 am||Demos & Hands on Practice
Apply what you’ve learned
|12:00 pm||Lunch Break
Bring your own or buy lunch at a local spot
|1:00 pm||Field Trip
Visit exciting local spots and take incredible photos and videos
|2:45 pm||Arrive Back at our Studio|
|2:45 pm||Lesson Wrap Up|
After care until 5:30pm*
If you’re on mobile, press “book now” to view our schedule
* We have limited spots in our summer camps. Register Early to secure your desired session *