Fashion Camp | Toronto Summer Camps
AGE: 13 – 17 Years Old
TIME: 9am- 3pm(Mon-Fri) *Before & After Care Available (8am-5:30pm)
PREREQUISITES: Teen Camp 1 or equivalent
REQUIRED COURSE MATERIALS: Any camera with manual mode (*rentals available)
LOCATION: 25 Toronto St. (Yonge & Adelaide)
Showing Your Style Through Fashion Photography
Fashion photography is all about having fun and being creative! In this camp, teens will learn how to create high end portraits by mastering natural light as well as various studio set ups. They’ll get the opportunity to work with an experienced model and practice their skills at a professional photography studio.
“I learned a lot during this camp and had so much fun, I would definitely consider doing another here.”
– GTA Photography Camper 2017
You May Have Seen Us On:
Proudly Accredited By:
- Everything you need to know about how the pros pose their subjects (how a face should be turned, how to bend arms and legs for a natural look and more)
- Making the most of natural light (using a reflector to modify daylight)
- Inspiration by reviewing famous portrait photographers’ work and shooting images to mimic their creative styles.
- Introduction to studio lighting with a professional model and make up artist.
- Creative daily photo shoots like The Faceless Portrait assignment, Creative Perspective and a studio photoshoot with props
We’ll teach teens how to work with a model by showing them how to pose their subjects for any scene. They’ll learn industry tricks on how to interact with their subjects by keeping them relaxed and comfortable in front of the camera. Full length, ¾ and close up posing will be covered for group shots as well as individuals.
Both natural and artificial lighting will be covered in this camp to give teens a full spectrum of what they can do. First, campers will learn what kind of natural daylight is best for fashion and how to use reflectors to creatively modify how that light looks. Then teens will learn all about studio lighting and equipment safety to create a professional set up using lights and a proper backdrop.
Studio Photo Shoot
The highlight of this camp will be the studio shoot day when teens get to practice everything they’ve learned on a professional model. Campers will work together to make sure their lighting and posing look sharp and will walk away with portfolio worthy shots.
Sample Day @ GTA Photography Summer Camps
Before care starts at 8:00am
|9:00 am||Warm up game|
|9:15 am||Photography Lesson
Learn & Practice
|10:30 am||Demos & Hands on Practice
Apply what you’ve learned
|12:00 pm||Lunch Break
Bring your own or buy lunch at a local spot
|1:00 pm||Field Trip
Visit exciting local spots and take incredible photos and videos
|2:45 pm||Arrive back at camp|
|2:45 pm||Cool Down Game|
|3:00 pm||Student Pick-up
After care until 5:30pm*
If you’re on mobile, press “book now” to view our schedule
* We have limited spots in our summer camps. Register Early to secure your desired session *
*There will be no camp sessions running on Statutory Holidays (Canada Day: Monday, July 2, 2018 – Civic Holiday: Monday, August 6, 2018)