AGE: 13 – 17 Years Old
TIME: 9am – 3pm (Mon – Fri) *Before & After Care Available (8:00am- 5:30pm)
PREREQUISITES: Teen Camp 1 or equivalent teen program. *Kids camps do not qualify.
REQUIRED: Any camera with manual mode (*rentals available) + $50 Materials Fee [Digital print workshop fee and print cost]
NEW LOCATION: 610 S Michigan Ave. (Venue SIX10)
- Create artistic images using digital photography! In this program, students will discover photography as a tool for creative expression and visit contemporary art galleries for inspiration! Students will have the opportunity to learn about the process of professional printing and at the end of the week, favorite shots will be printed for keepsake and exhibited in a gallery form at our exhibit!
“I loved the camp and will miss the lectures, games and field trips.”
– Zachary M. | GTA Photography Camper 2017
- Introduction to various fine art photography techniques
- How to effectively break the rules of photography
- Explore what it means to create a body of work with fine art subjects like still life and black and white
- Walk away with a fine art print
Curate a Group Exhibit
Collaborate with other artists in the group to put on a mini exhibit at the end of the week. Choose a show name and theme and produce prints for display. Learn how to write an artist statement to support your body of work.
Learn from the Masters
Explore both historical and contemporary artists through guest speakers, gallery visits and studio tours.
Discover Your Creative Edge!
During a group critique, students will have the opportunity to compare and explore a variety of fine art aesthetics associated with the post production process and decide on which one works for you!
Sample Day Agenda
Before care starts at 8:00am
|9:00 am||Welcome Icebreakers|
|9:15 am||Photography Lesson
Learn & Practice
|10:30 am||Demos & Hands on Practice
Apply what you’ve learned
|12:00 pm||Lunch Break
Bring your own or buy lunch at a local spot
|1:00 pm||Field Trip
Visit exciting local spots and take incredible photos and videos
|2:45 pm||Arrive Back at our Studio|
|2:45 pm||Lesson Wrap Up|
After care until 5:30pm*
Count Down To Camp!
Countdown To Camp:
*There will be no camp sessions running on July 3, 2020* In lieu of Independence Day