AGE: 13 – 17 Years Old
TIME: 9am – 3pm (Mon – Fri) *Before & After Care Available (8:00am- 5:30pm)
PREREQUISITES: Teen Camp 1 or equivalent teen program. *Kids camps do not qualify.
REQUIRED: Any camera with manual mode (*rentals available) + $50 Materials Fee [Digital print workshop fee and print cost]
LOCATION: 25 E. Pearson St. (Loyola University)
- Create artistic images using digital and learning about film production! In this program, students will discover photography as a tool for creative expression and visit contemporary art galleries for inspiration! Students will have the opportunity to experiment with their creativity and learn the process of professional printing and create their own 11 x 14 digital print. At the end of the week, favorite shots will be printed for keepsake and exhibited in a gallery form at our exhibit!
“I loved the camp and will miss the lectures, games and field trips.”
– Zachary M. | GTA Photography Camper 2017
- Learn new creative techniques
- Introduction to various fields of photography
- Light painting and long exposure techniques
- How to effectively break the rules of photography
Break the Rules
Now that you know the rules, let’s learn how to break them. In this first section of the camp, we’ll show you new compositional rules and how to master your camera settings to go beyond a proper exposure. Explore creative shooting techniques like long exposure photography and free lensing.
Photography is all about light and this unit covers many creative things we can do with it. Learn how to modify natural daylight with reflectors, how to capture bokeh in your background and to play with projection to take amazing portraits. We also do a super cool painting with light photoshoot where we blackout an entire room and hand out flashlights to literally paint and draw with light!
Fields of Photography
Get inspired by the masters by learning about different genres of photography like wedding, photojournalism and conceptual art. Check out amazing current exhibits and events (past years have included the Modern Museum of Contemporary Photography, Latitude Labs, and other exciting locations.
Sample Day Agenda
Before care starts at 8:00am
|9:00 am||Welcome Icebreakers|
|9:15 am||Photography Lesson
Learn & Practice
|10:30 am||Demos & Hands on Practice
Apply what you’ve learned
|12:00 pm||Lunch Break
Bring your own or buy lunch at a local spot
|1:00 pm||Field Trip
Visit exciting local spots and take incredible photos and videos
|2:45 pm||Arrive Back at our Studio|
|2:45 pm||Lesson Wrap Up|
After care until 5:30pm*
*There will be no camp sessions running on July 3, 2020* In lieu of Independence Day