Hands On Experience
March Break | 1 Week
Experience what it takes to become a camp counsellor! In this shortened immersive program, Counsellors in Training will be mentored by our Camp Director, who will coach them through a variety of leadership exercises and placements. Ongoing assessments, feedback and peer evaluations will help to develop the essential skill set and confidence valued by all camp professionals! CITs will walk away having experienced a full mock interview, create and receive feedback on resumes and develop an online portfolio that will set them up for success!
“I really liked the balance of fun and learning”
– GTA Photography Camper 2017
- Complete resume review and mock interview which would help the CIT prepare for any job opportunity.
- Shadowing experience
- Practice candid photography and document the camp experience
- Daily workshops lead by the Head Counsellor, discussing topics such as counsellor/CIT roles and responsibilities, team building activities and much more!
CIT applicants are required to:
- Be between the ages of 15 and 17.
- Completed Teen Camp 1 or any 2 Teen Programs.
- Fill out an online application form* Spots are limited
Objectives of our CIT Program
Over the course of March Break. CIT’s will have the opportunity to:
- Practice / enhance their leadership skills through organized activities
- Observe our camps in action
- Run their own activities / games
- Experience a full mock interview for becoming a counsellor
- Create & receive feedback on resumes
- Complete weekly evaluations with the Camp Director.
CIT’s Role @ Camp
The CIT’s role at camp is to learn about the program, our goals and objectives, and how to effectively counsel children. CITs will on occasion participate in a similar capacity to a full staff member; however, they will have less responsibility supervising campers and more emphasis is placed on leadership training.
CITs will reach these objectives by the following means:
- Daily guidance from the Camp Director
- Experiential learning by observing and assisting current staff
- Apply what they are learning in the areas of activity planning and delivery, implementation of behaviour management techniques and strategies to motivate campers.
- Participation in all camp activities, special events, field trips, and meetings.
- Daily check-ins with fellow CITs, mentors, and our Camp Director.
- Evaluation, feedback, and assessment from peers, supervisors, and self.
*Limited Spots Remain | Register Now To Reserve Your Spot*
All potential CITs must FILL OUT OUR APPLICATION FORM. All applications will be reviewed by our instructors. Due to limited spots for this leadership program, only those selected will be able to participate in our CIT Leadership Camp.