FAQ’s : Kids & Teens Camps
How many campers in your sessions?
How do you address safety at your camp?
We take safety very seriously at GTA Photography. You can be sure that your child is in good hands. Here are just some of the measures we have taken to ensure the safety of your child:
- Staff Qualified in First Aid / CPR: All of our instructors and counsellors are trained in First Aid and CPR and are able to treat minor injuries on site. Parents will be immediately notified in case of injury or illness.
- High Instructor to Camper Ratio: Our Kids Camp has a ratio of 2 staff to 12 campers. Our Teen Camps have a ratio of 2 staff to 15 campers.
- Strict Pick up / Drop Off Policy: We have a strict pick up / drop off policy; whereby, you provide us with the proper information on who is allowed to pick up your child and we ensure that they are released only to that individual.
- Background Checks: It is our policy that we conduct background and criminal checks on all staff members.
- Risk Management Training: All of our instructors and counsellors undergo thorough training in risk management and emergency procedures. All of our instructors and counsellors have cell phones and can be reached at any time.
How old does my child have to be to attend?
How early should we register?
Registration is open until the Friday before the session begins. Please note however, that in prior years most of our camps have sold out as early as a couple months in advance. In order to guarantee enrollment, we recommend registering as soon as you know your schedule and at least a month in advance. Avoid the rush – register early!
What are your registration policies?
- Prepayment is required to confirm your registration and spot in the class / camp / workshop.
- All sessions begin promptly at the stated time. Any missed material is forgone by the student.
Cancellation by Campers:
- Cancellations are non-refundable whether the camper cancels or fails to show up for camp; however, if cancellation is received within 14 days prior to the scheduled session, we will reschedule you to another session but a $100 administration fee will apply.
Cancellation by GTAPC:
- GTA Photography Classes reserves the right to cancel or postpone any camp if there is inadequate enrolment. In the event that a camp must be cancelled, you will be notified by email with adequate notice (please be sure to register using the email address where you can best be reached). You may then either reschedule for another session or receive reimbursement of camp fees.
What is the format of the day?
Monday to Friday from 9 am – 3 pm.
Before & After Care is available for an extra $50 + HST / week. Hours are 8:30am – 5:30 pm.
Typical Day at Summer Camp
9 – 9:30 am : Ice breakers / team building exercises
9:30 – 12 pm : Lessons / Workshops / Assignment
12 – 1 pm : Lunch
1 – 3 pm : Outdoor field trip and shooting assignments
Fall & Winter Programs
10 am – 12:30 pm (10 Week programs). We cover the same material as our summer camp program. We alternate one week is indoor lecture / assignments and the following week is outdoor shooting field trip.
Field Trips are a huge part of our program! We visit various sites around our facilities. All sites are within walking distance.
Toronto Location: Sites may include; ROM, Casa Loma, Queen St. W, Galleries, Kensington Market, Yorkville, Nathan Phillips Square, etc.
How does pick up / drop off work?
At each location, we have designated pick up / drop off areas to allow for quick transitions. Please consult your Parent Handbook for details.
All of our camps begin at 9 am. Students should be dropped off 10 minutes prior to their start time. All of our camps end at 3 pm. Students should be picked up by 3:10pm. We provide Before / After care for our Kids & Teen Camps (8:30am to 5:30pm).
Is there Before & After Care Provided?
Before and after care for kids and teen camps is available for all camps.
Before and after care hours are:
Toronto – 8:00am – 5:30pm for an additional fee of $55 +tax
Ottawa – 8:30am – 5:30pm
Chicago – 8:30am – 5:30pm
Please note that camp programming ends at 3:00pm.
Simple activities and entertainment are provided during after care.
How does lunch work?
Do you accept international students?
Yes! A tourist visa is all that is required to attend our camp. Student visa’s are not required for summer camps.
Our programs are taught in English and do require a good understanding of the language in order to participate and follow the program. Students should be able to converse at an Intermediate to Advanced level in order to participate in our summer camp programs. If you have any questions about this requirement, please contact us for more information.
Do you offer financial aid or scholarships?
Yes! We believe that every child should have access to camp and financial limitations should not be a factor when making the decision to go to camp.
Every summer, we have a select number of spots that are open to students in need.
Deadline to apply for financial aid is March 15, 2016.
Campers will be notified if they were granted a spot by end of April.
Please fill out the application below and email it back to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the deadline.
FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION** Please note that this application is currently only offered to Canadian Residents.