Largest Hobbyist Photography School
Founded in 2009, GTA Photography Classes has quickly grown to become the largest hobbyists photography school in Canada; with locations in Toronto, Ottawa, and Chicago. We offer classes and workshops for kids and adults; and team building workshops for corporate clients
GTA Photography Classes offers a variety of programs from introductory photography classes to advanced specialized workshops. Student registration has grown steadily every year, leading us to be featured in BlogTO’s list of top photography schools in Toronto. 2016 has been another record year with over 1,000 adult students taking our classes.
Kids & Teens Camps
Since introducing its first summer program in 2010, GTA Photography Classes has been delivering unique and engaging programming for teens between the ages of 9 and 18. As an accredited member of the Ontario Camps Association we provide a great environment for teens to learn the art of photography and video. In the summer of 2016 we taught over 500 students at our locations in Toronto, Ottawa, and Chicago.
Some of Canada’s largest companies have turned to GTA Photography Classes to deliver fun and effective team building events for their valued employees.
As seen on:
Grow With Us
We have experienced consistent growth in student enrolment since we were founded and expect another record year in 2017.
2016 Results & Highlights
- Summer programs established in Chicago & Ottawa, with student enrollment well above target
- Adult students grew by 80%, with record number of students in our classes (over 1,000)
- Teens students grew by 93% (over 500)
- Record number of corporate events
- Partnership with Canon Canada Inc established
- Featured as on-camera mentors for six episodes of CBC show “Snapshots”
- Further development of our Summer Programs in Chicago & Ottawa. With an expected 80% increase in registration.
- Adult Classes forecasted to grow by 55% through introduction of new classes and revamped marketing program.
- Corporate events revenue forecasted to grow by 100% due to new location and increased focus. Prior to 2016, we did not have adequate space to develop this business and were turning away clients.
Ana Belic is the President and Founder of GTA Photography Classes. A Chartered Professional Accountant, Ana successfully combined her passion for photography with her accounting background to start three successful businesses by the time she was 28 years old.
Prior to founding GTA Photography Classes in 2009, Ana was the Controller for a privately-held medium-sized company where she was involved in all aspects of the business including financial reporting, inventory management, IT and HR management. Ana started her career in the Audit & Assurance group of PricewaterhouseCoopers, one of the largest accounting firms in the world.
Ana is actively involved in the community and has extensive volunteer experience. She sits on the Board of Directors for Kids in Camp and is an active Member of the Finance Committee for the Ontario Camps Association.
Jason is an experienced business professional with a diverse background in finance, strategy, market research, and operations. Prior to joining GTA Photography Classes, Jason was responsible for corporate development at Celestica, a multi-billion dollar electronics company; and previous to that he worked in equity research for Scotiabank. Jason is a CFA charter holder and has an MBA from the Schulich School of Business and a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering from McMaster University.