Create Mouth Watering Images
This 3 hr workshop will teach you how to create stunning food images that will make your eyes and stomach jealous! Various setups with natural light as well as topics like composition and food styling will be covered in this class. Take part in a valuable shooting component to practice what you learn and get feedback from the instructor. Food, props and materials will be provided!
“Class was very informative and a great balance of theory and practice. Only 3 hours long but it flew by and I really felt I walked away with a solid foundation!”
– Brigette McCabe
- Lighting concepts (indoor window light, outdoor set up, indoors with flash or low light)
- Composition specific to setting up food (grouping items, selecting a “hero”, flattering camera angles etc.)
- Propping to enhance the subject of your shot instead of taking away from it
- Basic styling tips and household items you should keep in your styling kit
- Approximately 1.5 hours of lecture and 1.5 hours of hands-on shooting time
Lighting is a big topic covered in this 3 hour, hands on workshop. The instructor will go through lighting basics and then various types of scenarios like artificial lighting, natural day light and shooting outdoors.
Composition & Propping
There are certain types of composition that are commonly used for food photography. Learn what they are and how to properly apply them to the types of food you plan on shooting. Important considerations for propping like colour schemes and what to use as a background will also be discussed.
Half of this workshop is dedicated to shooting time. With a selection of simple subjects to shoot, students are encouraged to work on their lighting and composition with the help of the instructor. At the end of workshop is a chance to share some images with the group as well as exchange website, blog and social media info to stay connected!
Schedule & Registration!
*If you’re on mobile, press “Book Now” to view our schedule*