Off Camera Flash | Advanced Lighting
DURATION: 5 Hours Of Instruction
FORMAT: 1-Day Workshop
PREREQUISITES: Photo 101 & Photo 201, or equivalent
Advanced Lighting Techniques
Welcome to our most advanced photography class yet! If you’re a pro with flash fundamentals and want to take your lighting to the next level, then this class is for you. Learn how to take control of any lighting condition by using your external flash off camera with convenience and ease. Some of the topics covered in this workshop include the best way to trigger a flash, how to turn your little flash into a big and beautiful light source and how to fake natural sunlight. Go beyond just taking a photo and step up to the level of creating truly remarkable images.
“The quality of my photos have drastically improved, and my love, passion and understanding of photography have been taken to a new level.”
– GTA Photography Student
- Advanced on-camera flash techniques
- Using off camera / external flash
- Various methods to control and sync your external flash
- Creative lighting setups for indoor and outdoor settings
In this workshop, learn the pros and cons of different triggers for off camera flash. Explore light modifiers like portable softboxes and umbrellas to know what’s best for different subjects and scenes.
Creative Lighting Techniques
An external flash is small but mighty and lighting options are endless. With just this one little light source, learn a variety of creative lighting options for indoor or outdoor shoots.
Combine Flash with Other Light
How is flash used with other types of light sources? Learn how to balance flash with a variety of ambient light like overhead lighting or natural daylight. Choose to work with the sun or even over power it for a dramatic effect.
Save More With Class Packages!
Note: All of our class packages are already discounted and no additional promotions may apply.
Registration is open right up until the day the session begins. Please note however, that some of our classes sell out well in advance. In order to guarantee enrolment, we recommend registering as soon as you know your schedule.
- Prepayment is required to confirm your registration and spot in the class / camp / workshop.
- All sessions begin promptly at the stated time. Any missed material is forgone by the student.
- Register early: If you wait until the last minute, the class might be filled or cancelled due to insufficient enrolment.
Cancellation by Student:
- CLASS/WORKSHOP: Cancellations are non-refundable whether the student cancels or fails to show up for class; however, if we are notified within 7 days prior to the scheduled session, we will reschedule you to another session but a $50 administration fee will apply*.
- PRIVATE LESSONS: Cancellations are non-refundable whether the student cancels or fails to show up for the lesson; however, if we are notified 48 hours prior to the scheduled session, we will reschedule your session, but a $50 administration fee will apply.
- GTA Photography Classes reserves the right to cancel or postpone any class if there is inadequate enrolment. In the event that a class must be cancelled, you will be notified by email in advance (please be sure to register using the email address where you can best be reached). You may then either reschedule for another session or receive reimbursement of class fees.
*Exclusions: Travel Photography purchased as a Photo 101 add on is non-refundable and non-transferable prior to or post your scheduled session.
We offer a certificate of completion to students upon request. Please contact us through email or by phone to speak with an instructor to receive your certificate if you require one. Certificates will be delivered through email. There will be a $25 admin fee if you would like a physical certificate mailed to you.
• DSLR Camera or point & shoot camera that can shoot in manual mode
• External Flash
• Memory Card
• Fully Charged Battery Pack
• Class notes (you’ll be able to download these in your confirmation email)
Most of our registration is done ONLINE using MC and VISA. We do however, except CASH / CHEQUES in person at the studio. (Note: We do not accept Debit) Please phone ahead to make an appointment to register if paying by cash, as we may be in session or out on assignment.
Cheques can also be mailed to our studio. Please make them payable to GTA Photography Classes.
25 Toronto St.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
For the introductory courses (Photo 101) and photo tours, no prior training is required. More advanced courses such as Photo 201 and our workshops, do require prior experience as they build on basic techniques taught in Photo 101. If you have some prior knowledge or experience and not sure if you need some of the prerequisites, give us a call and talk to an instructor today!
All of our programs include the exact same lecture / workshop material. You will not get any more or less in any of the sessions. We design our courses and workshops so that we equip all our students with the knowledge they need! You just select the class type that works best for your schedule. Leave everything else with us!
For all of our classes in Toronto, they are located at 25 Toronto Street, Suite #200. Parking is available on Toronto St and at several other paid-parking lots around the area.
For all information about our location, contact and map with parking options, please visit our Contact Page for more details.
Mark Dempster - City Lights
Patti Lowery - Into The Abyss
Lisa Robertson - Into the Light
Michelle Fernandes - Spotlight
Amanda Kunowski - Little Venice
Dane Clark - Paris Je Like
Missy Maher - Monument Valley in Antelope Canyon
Tiffany Lam - Untitled
Randy Rovinski - Untitled
Schedule & Registration
*If you’re on mobile, press “Book Now” to view our schedule*
You may also be interested in…