GTA Photography Classes is one of the largest photography specialty schools in Canada & US with 3 locations; Toronto, Chicago & Ottawa. Offering a variety of classes for all skill levels, ranging from beginners to more advanced. No matter the class or audience, we make learning fun and interactive by having small class sizes and a friendly atmosphere. All of our courses are taught by instructors who are passionate about photography and great at teaching too!
We’re looking for knowledgeable instructors to become part of our team! Our positions are perfect for working photographers who are looking to add some extra hours into their week or students looking for full time work in the summer months or part time work during school semesters.
Current Job Postings
Adult Instructors | Toronto
Photojournalism Instructor | Part-Time
Have you ever thought about teaching photography?
We’re looking for knowledgeable instructors to become part of our team! This position is perfect for working photographers who are looking to add some extra hours into their week, as our classes typically run evenings and weekends. Whether you have teaching experience or not, we are looking for bright and outgoing photographers that are interested in finding a new and rewarding experience in teaching. We provide both the curriculum and intensive training to all new staff.
Currently, we are hiring individuals to teach a Photojournalism/Street Photography Workshop. You should apply if you have professional experience working as a Photojournalist, a solid understanding of the camera and photo principles, and a passion for sharing this knowledge with others.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Teach small groups of adult students with passion and enthusiasm
- Break down complex topics into simple concepts
- Demo shooting techniques and lead hand-on practice
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Candidates should have a College Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in a related course of study.
- Previous experience in teaching is desirable but not required. We provide intensive training.
- 2 – 3 years professional photojournalism and/or street & documentary photography experience
- Communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Candidates must be available weekends / evenings for classes.
- Candidates must apply with a link to a portfolio or website
- A great working environment
- Competitive hourly rates
- Flexible schedule requirements (works well with other full time & part time positions)
GTA Photography Classes Inc. offers a casual and friendly work environment, located in the downtown core, including competitive compensation.
GTA Photography Classes Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and committed to fostering an accessible and inclusive environment for employees and customers.
Office Administration | Toronto
No Current Openings
GTA Photography Classes Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.