GTA Photography Classes is one of the largest photography specialty schools in Canada & US with 3 locations; Toronto, Chicago & Ottawa. Offering a variety of classes for all skill levels, ranging from beginners to more advanced. No matter the class or audience, we make learning fun and interactive by having small class sizes and a friendly atmosphere. All of our courses are taught by instructors who are passionate about photography and great at teaching too!
We’re looking for knowledgeable instructors to become part of our team! Our positions are perfect for working photographers who are looking to add some extra hours into their week or students looking for full time work in the summer months or part time work during school semesters.
Current Job Postings
GTA Photography Classes is the largest photography specialty day camp in Canada with three locations in Toronto, Ottawa and Chicago!
The Ottawa location operates day camps seasonally, from June 29, 2020 – August 21, 2020, out of the University of Ottawa, Visual Arts Building (100 Laurier Avenue East). Our mission is to foster a fun and inclusive community that encourages the development and life-long passion for photography for our campers and our staff!
About the Position: Ottawa Camp Director (Full-time, Seasonal)
GTA Photography is currently seeking an outgoing individual with a passion for photography and experiential education to join our leadership team! The Ottawa Camp Director will have the opportunity to support and work with a creative team of instructors and counsellors, and manage the successful delivery of the overall camp experience for their team, campers, clients and all other organizational relationships.
This position is ideal for educators, teacher candidates, photography graduates, or freelance photographers with managerial experience. If you love camp and are looking for a rewarding summer job, apply now!
Check out our website for more information: https://gtaphotographyclasses.com
- Participate in Camp Director training and lead Ottawa seasonal camp staff training.
- Maintain high-quality summer programming that meets our camp standards.
- Ensure exceptional instruction, enthusiasm and overall staff performance.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all staff members and campers at all times and making sure all camp practices meet the Ontario Camps Association standards.
- Daily on-site presence as the main contact for parents, communicating with them and all staff to ensure every comment and concern is handled effectively and efficiently.
- Understand, adhere to and enforce camp Policies & Procedures, Emergency and Health and Safety Standards.
- Monitor the use of equipment and supplies, conduct inventory counts and re-stock as needed.
- Other admin duties as necessary.
- Current Residence in Ottawa, Ontario.
- Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check (must provide a copy upon hiring).
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR C / AED from an accredited organization.
- Applicants MUST be available for:
-Mandatory Camp Director Training weekend (early June, 2020).
-Mandatory Orientation Staff Training week (June 15 – 19, 2020).
-The entire camp season Monday – Friday (June 29, 2020 – Aug 21, 2020).
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience as a Camp Director, Program Manager or similar.
- Photography knowledge and educational background is an asset but not required.
- Camp and/or teaching experience is an asset but not required.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
PHOTOGRAPHY MARCH BREAK CAMP INSTRUCTORS
Are you looking for a rewarding and fun March Break job that will help you gain valuable experience in the industry?
We are currently looking for talented and energetic individuals with photography expertise and a passion for sharing this knowledge with others! Our seasonal positions allow you to continually learn about new photography practices and equipment, expand your network with other creative people, sharpen your shooting skills on a regular basis and develop your confidence and communication. If this sounds like a great opportunity but you’ve never taught in the past don’t worry, we provide paid training on site to all new hires. If you love photography, enjoy the camp environment and are excited to share your knowledge with others, apply now!
- Teach introductory photography principles / concepts to kids or teens, in small groups of 10 to 15 campers.
- Supervise campers and ensure their safety at all times both in-class and out on location for our shooting field trips.
- Work together with teen camp counsellors and GTA PC staff to provide a fun and interactive environment for all campers, such as leading icebreaker games and team building activities.
- Utilize GTA PC provided curriculum and resources, ensuring an organized, fun and rewarding experience for all of our campers.
- Teach with passion, structure and expertise.
- Photograph candids and head shots of campers.
- Oversee one or more camp counsellors who will assist with project management, daily administrative duties and supervision on daily field trips.
- Candidates should hold or be working towards a Photography Degree / Diploma (preferred, but not required).
- Demonstrated expertise in photography and professional experience is strongly preferred.
- Prior teaching experience is preferred but not required. Training is provided.
- Candidates must have strong communication skills and presentation skills.
- Candidates must be outgoing and energetic individuals who love and appreciate the camp experience as well as teaching photography.
- Portfolio of your work (website or traditional portfolio)
- All instructors must be available for training prior to March 11
- Criminal background check (must provide a copy once hired)
- Standard First Aid and CPR certification (current at the start and for the duration of the camps; must provide a copy of certification once hired)
- Three references
- Applicants must be available for the entire week of March Break Camp (March 11, 2019 – March 15, 2019).
Applications Open End of November.
Applications Open End of November.
No Current Openings
GTA Photography Classes Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.