GTA Photography Classes is one of the largest photography specialty schools in Canada & US with 3 locations; Toronto, Chicago & Ottawa. Offering a variety of classes for all skill levels, ranging from beginners to more advanced. No matter the class or audience, we make learning fun and interactive by having small class sizes and a friendly atmosphere. All of our courses are taught by instructors who are passionate about photography and great at teaching too!
We’re looking for knowledgeable instructors to become part of our team! Our positions are perfect for working photographers who are looking to add some extra hours into their week or students looking for full time work in the summer months or part time work during school semesters.
Current Job Postings
PHOTOGRAPHY MARCH BREAK CAMP INSTRUCTORS
Are you looking for a rewarding and fun March Break job that will help you gain valuable experience in the industry?
We are currently looking for talented and energetic individuals with photography expertise and a passion for sharing this knowledge with others! Our seasonal positions allow you to continually learn about new photography practices and equipment, expand your network with other creative people, sharpen your shooting skills on a regular basis and develop your confidence and communication. If this sounds like a great opportunity but you’ve never taught in the past don’t worry, we provide paid training on site to all new hires. If you love photography, enjoy the camp environment and are excited to share your knowledge with others, apply now!
- Teach introductory photography principles / concepts to kids or teens, in small groups of 10 to 15 campers.
- Supervise campers and ensure their safety at all times both in-class and out on location for our shooting field trips.
- Work together with teen camp counsellors and GTA PC staff to provide a fun and interactive environment for all campers, such as leading icebreaker games and team building activities.
- Utilize GTA PC provided curriculum and resources, ensuring an organized, fun and rewarding experience for all of our campers.
- Teach with passion, structure and expertise.
- Photograph candids and head shots of campers.
- Oversee one or more camp counsellors who will assist with project management, daily administrative duties and supervision on daily field trips.
- Candidates should hold or be working towards a Photography Degree / Diploma (preferred, but not required).
- Demonstrated expertise in photography and professional experience is strongly preferred.
- Prior teaching experience is preferred but not required. Training is provided.
- Candidates must have strong communication skills and presentation skills.
- Candidates must be outgoing and energetic individuals who love and appreciate the camp experience as well as teaching photography.
- Portfolio of your work (website or traditional portfolio)
- All instructors must be available for training prior to March 11
- Criminal background check (must provide a copy once hired)
- Standard First Aid and CPR certification (current at the start and for the duration of the camps; must provide a copy of certification once hired)
- Three references
- Applicants must be available for the entire week of March Break Camp (March 11, 2019 – March 15, 2019).
Applications Open End of November.
Applications Open End of November.
No Current Openings
GTA Photography Classes Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.