A wonderful four day weekend is fast approaching, the perfect opportunity for you to sit back, relax, and attend a fun event with friends or family! We’ve tracked down some of the most exciting events happening this Easter Weekend in Ottawa.
1) Easter At The Farm (April 14, 2017 – April 17, 2017)
Come with your family and experience Easter at the farm! Be ready to give some fluffy lambs, hoppy rabbits, and some newly hatched chicks and duckling some petting and loving. The kids will love to spend the holiday with the real Eater Bunny himself and whats more, the kids can participate in the annual egg hunt.
- Address: Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
- Cost: Family $30, Adult $11, Student/Senior $10, Children 3-9 $9
- Website: http://cafmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/whats-on/event-easter-at-the-farm.php
2) Easter At The Estate (April 15, 2017)
Celebrate Easter at the Billings National Historic Site with the family! This event offers arts and crafts, an exploration of the estate, and egg dyeing. Be sure to bring along your camera to see if you can capture a shot of the Easter Bunny if he shows!
- Address: Billings Estate National Historic Estate, 2100 Cabot Street, Ottawa
- Cost: $6.30 for one, $10.45 for two or $16.75 for a family (Two Adults and children under 18)
- Website: http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/arts-heritage-and-culture/museums-and-historic-sites/billings-estate-national-historic#upcoming-events-and-programs
3) Indigenous Art, Music and Fashion Show (April 15, 2017)
Visit the Canadian Museum of History and become inspired through learning the Indigenous culture through art, music and a fashion show.
- Address: Canadian Museum of History, 100 Rue Laurier, Gatineau
- Cost: $25-$30
- Website: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/4th-annual-indigenius-art-music-and-fashion-show-tickets-29637437373
4) Artissimo Studio – Funtastic Wacky Painting (April 15, 2017)
Get creative at the National Gallery of Canada in the Artissimo Studio! All materials are provided for you to create your beautiful masterpiece and leave the mess behind.
- Address: National Gallery of Canada, 380 Sussex Dr, Ottawa
- Cost: The Artissimo Studio is included with Gallery admission
- Website: http://www.gallery.ca/en/learn/artissimo-studio.php
5) Golden Egg Hunt at the Canadian Children’s Museum (April 14 – 17, 2017)
The hunt is back! Track down 12 special golden eggs hidden around the Children’s Museum and collect a yummy chocolate prize after you find them all.
- Address: Canadian Museum of History, 100 Laurier Street, Gatineau
- Cost: Free with Museum Admission
- Website: http://www.historymuseum.ca/event/golden-egg-hunt-3/?date=2017-04-13#schedule